Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ding Dong

Today we started a public speaking component in Seminar. I thought I'd give the dictionary game a spin. Basically, a person has to open a dictionary to a random page, and without looking, that person has to nail a word with his or her index finger. The speaker then needs to talk extemporaneously about everything that word evokes, and one minute of time (for starters) needs to be filled with speech. It doesn't have to necessarily be meaningful, but it does need to be on topic.
DING DONG turned out to be my word my chooser selected!!!! Ding dong of all things. I thought fast.

I pulled it off, discussing the junk-food cake snack, doorbells, alliteration, and all I alluded to something that can't be discussed. here.

The students had a great time as they acquired valuable public speaking skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List