Friday, December 11, 2009

BODY WORKS


Before the trip - 8:10 AM

I've always fancied myself a fairly enlightened guy, but I'll admit it; I have some reservations about seeing Body Works at the Franklin Institute today. I've been conditioned all my life to believe that dead bodies, the shells and engines once powered by our souls, need to be treated respectfully and interred with grace, not plasticized or stuffed like some taxidermy specimen. Sure, we've stuffed and displayed nearly every critter under the sun for display in museums, but people? Is this ethical and right, even if the people have willed their bodies to the project. I understand that tradition of donating bodies to medical schools, but this seems much different.


I will maintain an open mind, and perhaps I'll learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List