Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Snakes!

During our Senior Project nature walk, I found inspiration in the unlikeliest place. While poking around in the forest beside a reservoir pond clogged with chirping frogs, I encountered two massive black snakes unlike anything I had ever encountered in nature. Here I was, picking up sticks, thinking about making some kind of connection to the project, and here were two Northern Black Racers or Eastern Hognose snakes!

I called over two of my strapping male students to help me inspect my new find, and they took one look, gasped, and quickly skipped away. Miss Robertson, our nature junkie, fortunately got a good look at them.

Sometimes excitement and novelty pops out of the most unlikliest places.  I'm so glad that we took our walk and we need to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List