Monday, February 9, 2009

Do full moons make students and teachers nuts?

Are lunatics really influenced by lunar occurrences?
Is it an old wife's tale that some people get very agitated during the times of a full moon? Can the moon really affect our moods? As a teacher, I've really started thinking about it because we work in relatively small locations jam-packed with humanity, like few other places, and yes, there was a full moon last night like I've never seen.


Today I've noticed a palpable frenzied energy field in the hallways that didn't exist last week. Some of the kids seem much more rammy, and the loud students really shout and yell.
Should I be sensitive to the rhythms of the moon in planning my lessons?
Want to read more? Check out the link! http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=124301&page=1

2 comments:

  1. Space is an incredible thing, unlike the human eye can even see. After taking up Astronomy Class this year I've been so fasinated with space and it's a quite intresting thing. But to answer your question.. Do full moons make students and teachers nuts!? I'm not too sure! Our school has its days, it can be hot and cold. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting* sorry about that mistake :(

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List