Sunday, December 5, 2010

Archiving Interesting Articles

It's funny how other people's habits can influence us. Long ago, back in my navy days and well before the ubiquitous Internet that now pervades our lives, I had a room mate named Ken who was a voracious and eclectic reader. I remember how he used to keep folders of newspaper clippings of stuff that caught his eye, and he would often make copies of the text so that it would neatly fit into file folders which he would then archive in plastic crates.

I admired the way he preserved and catalogued the articles in case he ever wanted to refer to them again, and after trying to emulate this idiosyncrasy of his, I gave up; I just wasn't organized enough and in my hands file cabinets and storage bins quickly become a big, messy nests of papers.

Enter the blog and its convenient way of maintaining a running list of links to our favorite articles! Look near the top of the blog to read an article that I read recently.

Give it a try! Look at the first article that I archived, the one about cameras entering the classroom to help evaluate teachers. Is this " Big Brotherish" and intrusive, or could this benefit the teaching profession?

1 comment:

  1. Now Ken is a diehard minimalist; the file folders and plastic filing bins have been replaced with a laptop, iPhone and portable harddrive.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List