Friday, February 25, 2011

Lemonade Out of Lemons

The aggravation has ended thanks to our IT department.  They cracked the code that had been ruining Blogger for us in the high school.  Yes, I felt hamstrung for the last couple weeks, completely frustrated because Blogger was out of commission here in the school, and the students get graded for the quality and frequency of their blogs. 

During the Bloggerless times, several students had recommended Tumblr, a blogging service that seems a little more shinier and nimbler than what I'm now using.  I registered and gave it a try, and it does have some advantages over Blogger; however, I think for now I'm going to be doing most of my academic blogging with my first love.

Where's the lemonade you ask? If some of my students want to make their entries happen via Tumblr, no problem!  Do I shop at one grocery store? I go to Shop Rite, Wegmans, and Pathmarksd! Do I use one exclusive gas station? No!  Do I read one newspaper? Heck no! My students have taught me to be open to different options and I think our on-line journaling will be enriched if people find a blogging vehicle that best suits them. 

I need to know who is going to stick with what service, and I need to get comfortable being linked with the folks who chose tumblr.



5 comments:

  1. I am going to continue using Blogger. -Naleah Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sticking with blogger, and I must say im proud of it. I 've feel in love with the program and never want to let it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to stick with blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALthough I really love tumblr, I will come back to blogger for the sake of my mentor.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List