Monday, March 14, 2011

A final stage note...

“You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.”- Jack London

Since about half the senior project class had a role in Seussical, I couldn't let the opportunity to blog about it slip by.  Sometime over the weekend,  London's familiar quote popped into my mind, and just now I connected it to the transformative, magical experience that was the show.  

I've forgotten exactly where I encountered the quote during the last few days (the whole weekend was a busy, happy blur), but I can say that it became highlighted in my mind after I read Essence's blog this morning.  She is the first of you to discuss how it built her confidence.

In my universe here at LHS, I've seen hundreds of students go after inspiration with the proverbial club as they audition for shows and see them through until the final, glorious curtain call.  Performing in a show takes such courage and commitment, regardless of whether the student is a lead or a walk-on.  Hopefully, the experience that was Seussical will be the inspirational vehicle that will let our students soar to new heights, and I am sure that the sweet residue of the show will be apparent in their presentations. 

You can't wait for inspiration, whether it's for the research paper or the final project presentation; you have to go after it with a club. How and where will you find yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List