Thursday, February 26, 2009

BROADWAY - A WICKEDLY GOOD TIME!

If I were rich, I would make a point of seeing as many Broadway shows as humanly possible. I wouldn't think twice about paying $150 for a great ticket, and if I wanted to, I would see the same show over and over again.

Wicked, one of the best things on Broadway, has been playing at the Gershwin Theater for about five years or so. Yesterday, we took a busload of LHS students to see a show they will never forget. Never before have I seen such a talented cast create such magnificence on stage. Never before have I seen lighting become such a magical entity, complementing a show about what happened before Dorothy's house fell on the Wicked Witch of the East.

We had a fantastic time meandering around Times Square before the show. Several of the kids encountered the Naked Cowboy. If you want to know more, then you need to ask them!

Most exhilarating for me was to see Nicole Parker, an actress/comediene I've long admired from Mad TV, star as the green Elphaba.





Nicole Parker
(signing autographs)
and yours truly - feeling the magic!

1 comment:

My Blog List