Monday, January 5, 2009

Grades?!


I asked my students how a teacher should go about grading their journal entries. They know that journaling is a significant part of their Senior Project Seminar grade, but how does one go about grading something like a blog entry when there is no precedent? I modeled for them what a week's worth of entries should look like, and my entries, though probably probably primitive by expert standards, are rich with text and images.

I established that proper English is important, and entries riddled with misspellings and egregious grammar errors will receive points off.

  • Is it fair for the frequency of the entries to be between five and seven per week?
  • Should people who go above and beyond be given extra credit?
  • What if these people make a mini-presentation to the class, showing how they managed their latest application?
  • How do we stretch the Blogger application, and do something that no other WISE group has done (and thus throw Vic for a loop?)
  • How do we become networked as a class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List