Friday, January 2, 2009

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein


I've been mulling this quote over for a few days. It all comes down to choice, I suppose. Some people go through life bored. Nothing excites them and clinging to them is a mordant cloud of cynicism or a jaded feeling of "been-there-done-that." Ho Hum.

Or we can chose the alternative. This computer and Internet with which I'm communicating is a miracle. The wooden desk upon which this computer rests is a miracle, grown from a tree that made its own food from sunlight, water, and soil - and shaped by tools fashioned from metal, tools guided by human ingenuity.
I could go on listing hundreds of more miracles that are literarlly ten feet away, but we mustn't get carried away. Or may we?
Thanks, Einstein!

1 comment:

  1. Mr.Abrams,you are so "ONE of a KIND". Although you are much older than myself i see you achieving more than anyone could achieve. Keep up the great work with your writing and teaching skills.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List