Monday, January 26, 2009

Joy - Inside the Actor's Studio

As I write this entry, I'm watching Inside the Actor's Studio, an eternally fresh, fifteen-year-old program on the Bravo network. Conan O'brien, the hilarious host of "Late Night," sits opposite James Lipton, who is a living paradox, a host who is both wacky and stoic. Over the years, he has interviewed hundreds of the most famous actors ever to grace the stage and screen. Try it by clicking on the link! You're sure to find a favorite actor sitting opposite Lipton:


I like to think I'm a creative bloke, but Conan is absolute light years ahead of me, and I am simply in awe of him. He is unpredictable and unreasonably funny. The man percolates with enthusiasm and joy. He would have made a brilliant teacher. I suppose good teaching is a kind of performance, and there needs to be somewhat of a sense of "What's-he-going-to-do next?".

Maybe I should watch more stand up and more of these exceedingly clever late night T.V. shows to keep getting tips and inspiration that could fuel my lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List